We are essentially down to 4 ringers now, with an occasional additional 1 or 2. And one of those 4 can only commit to ringing every other week. The 3 of us are getting really good at Bob minor! With that group, it is time to stretch, and start working on Bobs and Singles. Though I will also need to stretch, to work on creating a true method. More news on that as it develops.
But with the group of 4, we are working hard to ring a plain course of Plain Bob Major. We have been unsuccessful, so far. But I have high hopes that we will get there in the next week.
As we focus on that one method, we are staying at the same positions. So Genine is ringing 12, I am ringing 34, Karen is ringing 56, and Maggie is ringing 78. We are getting through the entire method, but in pieces. For example, we can get through 4 of the 7 leads, and then fall apart. We can start at the halfway point (23456781) and make it to the end. But so far, we have not gotten through the entire method in a single go.
We were close this past rehearsal. On our last attempt before quitting, we made it through 5 leads, and partway through the 6th, before falling apart. I considered that a success (of sorts), since we had rung so many changes consecutively. And we didn’t have time to try again.
We were fortunate to have Karen for 2 weeks in a row, and expect her to join us again this week. It is summertime, after all! Some scheduling can be changed. I’m hoping that this week, we will actually make it through the entire method, and even do it multiple times.